What Is FlyHouse?
- FlyHouse is a jet management and charter company that’s developed a whole new way to fly private.
- Leveraging one-of-a-kind, proprietary technology, the FlyHouse app and web portal provide a fast, frictionless platform that connects charterers directly to jet owners who engage in reverse auctions to offer unbeatable air fares.
What Is the FlyHouse App?
- The FlyHouse App is a booking platform that can be downloaded to a user’s mobile device, tablet or accessed via a computer web browser to book private jets. Charterers access the app to specify the amount they want to pay for flights and the type of aircraft they want to reserve.
- Once a charterer initiates a booking, the reverse auction begins.
How Does Bidding Work?
- A user specifies the type of aircraft he/she wants to charter and the price he/she wants to pay for private jet travel by submitting a bid.
- Owners with matching planes are notified of the charterer’s bid by way of an owners’ portal and a reverse auction commences, with responsive bids provided by owners at 5-minute intervals.
- All responsive bids are anonymous (owners don’t know the identity of other owners engaged in the reverse auction or the amounts other owners are offering their aircraft for). However, owners participating in the reverse auction do know if their responsive bids are the lowest at any given time.
- After 15 minutes, the reverse auction ends and the charterer receives notification of a charter quote—including both the lowest responsive bid and alternative best prices offered for each available class of aircraft for the requested flight(s)— along with details of the available aircraft options. At this point, the user can choose to accept one of the quotes and book the charter or submit a new bid.
- Flight details are then finalized by FlyHouse.
What Is the Difference Between a Charterer and an Owner?
- Customers who submit initial bids and/or book private flights through the FlyHouse app are charterers (also referred to as users in these FAQs). Owners are private jet owners whose planes are managed by FlyHouse. These owners make their aircraft available for charter through the FlyHouse app and engage in the reverse auction process.
What Is the Difference Between a Bid and a Quote?
- A bid is a request or offer for a charter flight using the FlyHouse App. A quote is a confirmed offer from an owner for an available charter that results from the reverse auction process.
If I Submit a Bid for a Private Charter and Receive a Quote, Do I Have to Book the Flight(s)?
- No, you don’t have to accept a flight offer and aren’t obligated to book travel even if after a quote is furnished.
Can I Cancel My Bid?
- No, once a bid has been submitted, it can’t be canceled. That being said, you don’t have to accept a quote that results from your bid (see above).
What Is the Average Cost of a Domestic Private Charter Flight?
- The cost of flying private depends on many factors, including the type of aircraft requested, departure and arrival destinations, and flight times. While not a guarantee of charter pricing, a private jet typically costs between
$3,000 - $12,000+ per in-flight hour.
Can I Use the FlyHouse App if I Live Outside the U.S.?
- Sure, as long as you have valid payment information and aren’t subject to any security restrictions. Anyone anywhere can book a flight through FlyHouse!
What if I’m Having a Problem Submitting a Bid or Booking a Flight?
- No worries, help is available through our live chat feature on the FlyHouse app. Alternatively, you can call 888-FLY-2555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Do Owners See Charterers’ Personal Information When Bids Are Submitted?
Does FlyHouse Share Owners’ Personal Information With Charterers?
What Are the FlyHouse Safety Standards?
- Our number one priority is charterer and owner safety. Toward that end, we’ve adopted standards that couldn’t be higher, starting with our team of award-winning pilots, who hold the highest safety and training certifications in the private aviation space. See our Safety specifications for more information.
I Own a Jet. Can I Still Book Flights With FlyHouse?
- Of course you can. Download the FlyHouse app and bid for flights as a charterer, too. And, if you are interested in learning more about using FlyHouse’s private jet management services, please contact email@example.com to learn more.
How Do I Access the Owner Portal?
- If you’re an owner whose plane is managed by FlyHouse, you’ll be given an onboarding package and one of our employees will help you to access the owner portal. Once set up, you’ll be able to participate in reverse auctions and customize your settings within the FlyHouse app as you please. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.